The Chamber’s membership is comprised of individuals passionate about the long term sustainability of our beautiful area. Many of these people own businesess within the town but primary producers, representatives of voluntary organisations, non-government and government agencies and retirees make up a healthy proportion of the membership. The Dorrigo Plateau has a stong geographical identity and sense of community. The Bellingen Shire Council area encompasses the Plateau, the Valley and the Seaboard. A strong Chamber enables residents to interact with Local Government and the wider community and co-operation between the three Chambers of Commerce of the Shire, ensures positive outcomes.
The Management Committee of the Chamber are volunteers who meet regularly to discuss new ideas, initiatives and the implementation of projects that are of benefit to the Dorrigo community. Anyone who wishes to address the Management Committee or submit their ideas to the Chamber is welcome to do so and may contact the Secretary with details at ChamberSecretary@dorrigo.com or make an enquiry through our online form. General Meetings, with guest speakers, are held and those general meetings are advertised on this website and the Chamber’s Facebook page. The Chamber has an active sub-committee structure allowing members to direct their energies and efforts into specific projects. Applications for funding to improve community facilities, undertake activities and support projects are regularly pursued.
The Dorrigo Chamber of Commerce is often the first point of contact for intending new residents and businesses, government and non government agencies and the media. A considerable amount of information about our area and community can be found on this website. Should you have specific enquiries, please contact the Chamber President for assistance.
Dorrigo Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 46
Dorrigo NSW 2453
Listing on the Chamber Website
Dorrigo dot com acts as a primary access point for the global community to the business & services, primary & secondary industry and the Dorrigo Plateau as a tourist destination, as well as a medium for local community activity and communication. All businesses on the Dorrigo Plateau, particularly in tourism, are encouraged to make their presence felt to all visitors of dorrigo dot com.
Hosting charges are very modest. Packages start at $30.00, for a Basic Business listing, or $60.00 for a Premium ‘web presence’. **
**prices include Chamber Membership.
You also have the option of being able to edit your own business listing if required.
All community groups and schools are welcome to have a free presence at dorrigo dot com with contact details, decription, location and photos.
Register your interest. All new registered users will be contacted by a representative of the Dorrigo Chamber of Commerce.
Code of Conduct for Chamber Management Committee & Subcommittees
This Code of Conduct only applies to committee & subcommittee members not ordinary members of the Chamber
Dorrigo Chamber of Commerce Inc
CODE OF CONDUCT
FOR EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE & SUBCOMMITTEES
The following is a set of clear guidelines to all Members of the Dorrigo Chamber of Commerce Management Committee and all its Subcommittees regarding their conduct when representing the Chamber.
- As a Member of the Dorrigo Chamber of Commerce Management Committee or Subcommittee you are a representative of that group and as such you should not put the Chamber in disrepute. For example not speaking on behalf of the Chamber when you are expressing your personal opinion. All Committee and Subcommittee Members should act in a way that encourages public confidence in the Chamber.
- All decisions should be processed and voted on by a majority decision of Chamber Committee Members. This should be done promptly and in a non-discriminatory manner taking into consideration all the relevant facts involved.
- All correspondence or enquiries made to the Chamber Executive Committee or any Subcommittees should be responded to with respect and in a timely manner.
- All Members need to be respectful to one another at all times.
- No public negative comment about the Chamber and its Subcommittees or Council to be made. Disputes and concerns can be discussed and resolved in an appropriate meeting setting.