The award-winning Dorrigo Rainforest Centre (open 9am to 4:30pm seven days) is the gateway to your discovery of Dorrigo National Parks.
Information and quality rainforest souvenirs are available from the Rainforest Shop, All facilities are barrier-free, with a wheelcheair and child carrypack available. Ph (02) 6657 2309. Join a ranger-guided Discovery-Tour to enhance your nationalpark visit.
A new interactive display The Rainforest Revealed - secrets of an ancient world, offers an inspirational and dynamic glimpse into the rain-forest environment. From the ecology of rainforest to interesting local threatened species, you'll find layers of interest to keep you coming back again and again.
Dorrigo Rainforeat Centre Walks .....
Dorrigo is ideally located to explore the many national parks of the region.
- Dorrigo National Park
- World Heritage Listed with a skywalk above the canopy with views to the coast.
- New England National Park
- Located on the edge of the Great Escarpment this park has many panoramic views all the way to the coast.
- Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
- Dramatic gorges and waterfalls, extensive wilderness, wild and scenic rivers, dry rainforest and rare plants and animals.
- Cathedral Rock National Park
- Giant boulders, sculpted rock and distinctive granite tors. Sub-alpine heathlands, wildflowers and tall eucalypt forests.
- Guy Fawkes River National Park
- A large and secluded wilderness area of rugged and scenic river systems.
- Nymboi Binderay National Park
- This park surrounds the spectacular granite gorges and rainforest-lined banks of the rugged Nymboida River. The Nymboida rapids are renowned among white-water enthusisasts, and rafting is certainly the best way to fully appreciate the river's stunning beauty.
- Nymboida National Park
- This is a large, remote, undeveloped wilderness park. It contains a range of dramatic landscapes, and is famous for the challenging white water on the Nymboida and Mann rivers.
- Chaelundi National Park
- Chaelundi has the largest stand of old-growth forest in northern NSW. Go bushwalking along the park's crystal clear creeks, cycling along a network of fire trails or stop for a swim, a picnic, birdwatching or enjoy a spot of remote bush camping.
- Cunnawarra National Park
- This park links the snow gum high country of New England National Park with the ranges of Oxley Wild Rivers National Park.
- Werrikimbe National Park
- A World Heritage-listed place of wild magnificence, with rainforests, heaths, rushing rivers and spring wildflowers.